Thursday, May 1, 2008

The "joys" of living in the midwest!

Our weatherman Bryan Busby!


(I got this picture on-line)

Ok.... so tonight a storm rumbled through and it wasn't just any storm. It was a severe thunderstorm that produced baseball size hail and tornadoes. We were watching the news and all of the sudden we heard our tornado sirens go off. "Are you serious?? We have to go down to the basement??" So we got the kids and made sure we had their pacifiers and blankies and off we went. Thank goodness most of the basement is finished with a t.v. Wait! We have sattelite!! It went out so we listened to the radio. Finally the t.v. came back on and we were able to watch the storm blow through. The tornado did not touch down; there was just "rotation" in the sky. The storm headed right towards my parents house and there was actually a tornado that touched down right before it hit my parents town. We are all safe and all is quiet now.


Ever since we (me, my parents and sister) moved here to the midwest (13 years ago), I have hated storms. Some people love them and I think they are crazy! I grew up with earthquakes and I would much rather be in an earthquake than a tornado eventhough you don't get a warning with earthquakes. Anyway, I just had to share our experience. It was very scary and I am so glad it's all over....until the next storm comes!

1 comments:

Shirley Casey said...

Hey Girl! Okay I am way behind on my blogging due to me dumb back! So I am going to comment on everything all at once! So...
I CAN"T BELIEVE HOW BIG EMMY HAS GOTTEN!!! She is so cute! Bella continues to crack me up. She is such a little mother and watches everything you do. Very cute. And, I love the pic of Sheldon with the girls. It melts my heart and I am not even their mother. I can't wait to have that moment too! :O) Love you! Oh and YEAH for the pacifier working. I will have to send you more paci tethers.

Voting