Monday, May 3, 2010

Hell

As I was praying with Bella before she went to bed I prayed for God to protect us from evil and to help us have good dreams...etc. After I was done Bella asked me why I asked God to protect us from evil. I have always talked to her about God and Jesus but have never brought Satan in the picture. I figured in due time she would ask me. Well, tonight was that night. I told her I prayed that so God would keep Satan away from us. She asked who Satan was and I told her he was the most beautiful angel there was and he went against God so he wasn't able to live in heaven anymore. She asked me where he lived and if he lived in our house or outside. I told her that he lived in Hell. "What's hell", she asked. Deep Breath, "Well, hell is a place where people go when they don't have Jesus in their heart. It is a very hot fiery place. Satan likes when we do naughty things."
"Did he like it when I screamed at daddy? Was he laughing?"
"Yes he did like it and I am sure he was laughing. Do you think it's funny when we act like that?"
"No."
"That's why we have Jesus in our heart to help us make the right choices. God helps us do that."
"Mommy, do you have Jesus in your heart?"
"Yes I do!"
"Do I have Jesus in my heart?"
"Not yet, but you will someday soon!"

I cannot tell you the joy in my heart having this conversation with my 4 year old!! She is so inquisitive and I feel like she is starting to get it. I just pray over her little soul!! There was definitely more than this during our conversation but I just had to share this little part. We talked for about 10 or 15 minutes and she was full of questions. More than she ever has had before. I am excited for the day I can get on here and tell you all that my daughter accepted Christ in her life!! My heart is so happy!!

1 comments:

The Guess Family said...

What a sweet talk. Praise the Lord that he is claiming thier little hearts. I love to hear my girls singing worship songs or talking about God. Just today, as we were walking through the mall, Reagan started chanting a scripture I didn't even know that she knew. I guess she learned it in Sunday school. I always pray that my girls will accept Christ early in their lives and walk with him always.

Voting