Saturday, December 13, 2008

"It's begining to look a lot like Christmas..."

The girls found the lights as I was putting them up on the tree. I know, it's really probably unsafe for Emmy to have them in her mouth, but it was really cute!! Like I always say, "Sometimes beauty (or being cute) hurts."
Here is our tree. It is not a huge one this year. As I am looking at the picture, the fireplace is swallowing the tree. It doesn't look like that when you see it in person. You can also see our singing snowmen from Hallmark. We have gotten one every year since they started and we love them. It's fun for the girls.
It was an eventful day! Sheldon took the day off of work so we could get the tree and take the girls to see Santa. Believe it or not, this is the first year we have done this. I don't know why we haven't done it before but they both did really well. I love the deer in the headlights look! And, poor Santa wasn't looking at the picture! Oh well! We walked around the mall and went and ate at BD's Mongolian Grill.... one of my favorite places. That night we watched 'Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas' (one of our favorites) and decorated the tree. Bella helped Daddy make brownies too. It was a great evening and very much needed!
In the hustle and bustle of this CHRISTmas season, remember the reason for the season. I was chatting with a friend of mine the other day and times are tough right now. We are not buying a lot of gifts this year and I am sure it is like that for a lot of others. The thing is, CHRISTmas is really not about the gifts that you give or receive, they are nice, but it is about the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ! God sent his son, Jesus, to save us. As we go on the next couple of weeks, please remember that JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!! What I love about this is that this just leads us into Easter where Christ died and rose again!! What a gift we have been given! God Bless you and your family as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments:

Shirley Casey said...

Laura!!! I LOVE your new template!!! It is so beautiful! I am so impressed. I love all the pics too. It is a good thing you added pics because I was about to have to get cross with you for still having Halloween up. :) It isn't very nice to keep all the pics of those beautiful little girls to yourself!

kacie said...

The house looks beautiful! And so does your site...I've been meaning to tell ya that! The girls look adorable and it looks like they had fun too. (Haiden has that shirt :) gotta love target. You have a great merry Christmas too!
Kacie

Voting