Thursday, June 4, 2009

On my mind....

So, I have had something on my mind the last week or so since finding out I am pregnant and I need to vent. If you care to read on then please do. If not, then don't.
I don't understand why people are so into what the sex of a baby is going to be. Don't get me wrong, when it's time to find out I want to know, but until that point comes it doesn't matter. Boy or Girl; God will bless us either way. It frustrates me because sometimes I hear, "I am going to be so jealous if it's a boy" before they even congratulate us or not at all. I also hear others say, "I hope it's a boy" only because I have girls. Well, I am sorry, I LOVE my girls and if I have another one, I am not going to be dissappointed. What happened to, "Congrats! I pray you have a healthy baby!" There are those that definitely say that (thank you), but then there are those you expect not to "go there" and they do.
Maybe I am reading way too much into this but it has been bothering me. I deal with enough issues during my pregnancy like giving myself shots everyday during my whole pregnancy and thereafter. It's life and death for this baby. My last concern is if it's a boy or a girl! God has blessed us with 2 beautiful girls and if he blesses us with 1 more I will be so happy!
Is this hormones talking?

7 comments:

momof3under12 said...

you're absolutely right! People make insensitive comments all the time. The Lord blessed you with a surprise blessing. It really doesn't matter the sex of the baby. God gave you THIS baby for a special reason and you'll find out pretty quickly what that is (at least we did). Just keep remembering that you get to experience this blessing...they don't. :)

So happy again for you! 3 is GREAT!

Heidi said...

I have gotten those comments for YEARS now!! When I was pregnant with Jacob our 3rd). People would see my stomach and say, "I hope it's a girl in there!" or the never ending, "Are you going to try for a girl?" And when it turned out Jacob was another boy, people just were not excited for I'd and him. It was really hard to deal with! Just know that this is your little blessing and in the end they will be greatly loved no matter what! :0)

Angie said...

Laura, that is absolutely sensible! Erin had a teacher once who prayed for a boy when his wife was pregnant. They had a girl, and she was born with a condition that requires her to walk with the assistance of braces for the rest of her life. He learned a huge lesson - pray for a what is important, and whether it's a boy or girl just isn't (not that such a thing is going to change during pregnancy anyway).

May you have a blessing from the Lord.

Lizz said...

Hormones are raging, I know about that having just had #3. People were SOOO focused on what we were having also, they wanted to know if we had a preference - it really annoyed me too, becuase I just wanted a healthy baby. I know how you are feeling. i dont think people MEAN to be any way other than interested in whats going on with you. Although when hormones are up and your instincts are all about your baby that creates some serious sensitivity. Just enjoy being pregnant again, its such a blessing from God and a wonderful experience. You are blessed for having two beautiful healthy girls! Bring on healthy baby #3 - having three so close in age is challenging, but the best ever and I wouldnt change a thing. Hang in there, the hormones keep getting bigger and better! Love you! XOOOX

The Guess Family said...

AMEN!!! I can't tell you how many people asked if we were hoping for a boy, or after my ultrsound told me that it was, "too bad" I was having another girl! We were thrilled either way and love our girls to pieces!!! It definitely gets old listening to it.

Are your girls going to be moving in together with another baby on the way??? It was tricky at first, but now I love having them share....they are so sweet in there.
:)

Jen Stewart Photography said...

SO SO TRUE!!!! Sadly so many people get caught up in that. What is even sadder though is to see friends who are not only disappointed for a second, but through the pregnancy and after the baby is born because it wasn't the sex they hoped for :( I've seen it go so far as almost resenting the child.

Laura, you are so blessed! I'm so happy to hear that you are pregnant again!!

So sorry others are taking that joy from you (even in a small way) with their own issues.

Miss you and the family, hopefully one of these days we can get out there to visit you!

Sarah said...

This is what you say... "I don't care what it is as long as it stays that way for the rest of its life." LOL My favorite statement was "Don't you know how this happens" and I finally said Yes and we had a great time too!! LOL Healthy babies are always the most wonderful thing. God gives you what fits your family-and that is all that matters! You're a good momma! :)

Voting